
It was a cool, crisp autumn morning in Central Park and unfortunately, in an effort to hydrate myself for the 5-mile race I was about to run, I ended up needing an emergency visit to the leu minutes before the race start. The park was alive with energy from nearly 7,000 runners ready to go, all except for me who was stretching and warming up while waiting in the line to the ladies room. Irregardless, Britta and I were extremely jazzed and feeling ready to make history. Or at least I thought we were going to make history. When I saw the 70-year-old lady pass me up near the 4.5 mile mark I pretty much let that dream die. Well, to be honest, if Britta were running solo I think she could've tore Central Park up, but she had this sloth on her back, illustrated well in the below picture.

Actually, the whole experience was energizing. Which couldn't be more ironic since I felt like I was going to die towards the end of the race. What I found inspirational was the amount of strangers that were rooting for us saying things like, 'You can do it!' and 'Don't give up!' When we finally did cross the finish line it was an amazing feeling of accomplishment. Despite the fatigue, the side cramps, the feeling like I was going to vomit, I just kept on running and made it to the finish (where my cutie of a husband was waiting with a huge smile of pride on his face, aahh). Finishing this race made me realize exactly what it's going to be like to make it to the new system. Yes, exactly. Relief. Accomplishment. Feeling like 'I did it.'

After the race, it was time to party with the nearby band and all the crazies in the park who were dancing to the music, also seen in the following picture.



7 comments:
Love it jules, Glad you posted the pics from the race. It's cool that you are doing the blog. Very enjoyable. I'm on my second martini tonite, feeling good. Dad is in the hospital tonite. Had a bit of plaque break off of one of his heart valves and had some blockage. Took a nice flight from the Hayward hospital to St. Marys. It was a very scary ride to the hospital, didn't know what I'd find, but he's doing well, and we are all so glad.
Guess who I love?
You.
Kisses, Britta
p.s. what's with the Julietta crap, you think you can change your name whenever you want girl. Ok, now you all can call me Brilliettaque. I need a little spark in my life, something new. That's right, Brilliettaque, if you please.
Just a little trash talkin for ya. Brilliettaque
girl, maybe you better stay away from those martinis. doing quite a bit of trash talking there. but good stuff. something just reminded me of you today brit and I was going to tell you, but it`s gone now. that`s the way it goes.
sounding off,
mandirella
brilliettaque eh? so how do you pronounce that one? Is that some French spice? I like it.
Yeah, maybe I should stay off of these public blogs. Sounding a bit . . . well, check your personal e-mails. Ha ha
Enjoyed the pictures from the race. I wish I could have ran it with you. Don't you just feel a sense of accomplishment. All the things I may want to do, you do so I see myself through you. Way to go.
Next November Jenelle, it's me and you for the 5-mile in Central Park. It's invigorating, it's fulfilling and it's fun. It's one of those things you have to do in life just to say you've done it. I'm officially volunteering you to be my race partner!
Post a Comment