Here i am at my 7th month (29 weeks)! The countdown to D-Day is on....and i'm so excited! Not exactly feeling like the picture of beauty but hey...i just woke up in this photo.
Remember this shirt girls! I used to wear it to PT during my exercise. Now it's getting to the point where it won't cover my belly! Ethan's doing good inside his little home....still the little active one.
Shaphan has been laying his head on my belly and reading the Bible Stories to him at night and Ethan's been kicking him in the cheek. Hahahha. I woke up in the middle of the night a few nights ago and Ethan was kicking me like crazy, so i decided to humm a kingdom melody to see if he would settle down. Despite my being off key because of being so tired the response was almost immediate! He settled right down and i was able to go back to sleep. I love that babies are so interactive even while their inside the belly. He has become so real to me. He has a name, a personality and we interact every day. I love being a mom already.
So Shaphan and I have definitely entered a new phase in our life. Some might call it the "Bird Watching phase." This phase is typically found in old people who are retired and sit around the house all day looking out their windows. Shaphan and I are not a far cry from this stage, other than we're quite a bit younger. Actually, if you can get past the stereotype, it's quite exciting. We even got a bird book so we can look up the different species. (I know - I know - you wish you were here....well don't be jealous my friends). This is Shaphan's latest picture of his friend - the Humming Bird. He comes to our deck every day and we love to see him. :)
've also tapped even deeper into my domestic side. I'm doing our laundry. Yes people, I'm doing my husbands laundry and for the first time in my life I ironed one of his dress shirts. I did check into how much it would cost to send them out and it was $2.25 per shirt. Yikes! I determined i'd have to do them myself. I managed not to mess it up too much, but i was feeling like "What kind of wife am I?" as my husband was teaching me how to iron a dress shirt. hahahhah.
Someone gave me a pair of baby overalls so i washed them and hung them on the line to dry (i love the smell of the fresh air in the clothes). They were so cute hanging there that i had to take a photo. This is the first item of Ethan's that i've washed. AAhhhhhh!!!!
By the way, i also ordered all my cloth diapers from China! I'm doin it girls!!!!
We've also been having some very good service days! Unbelievable actually. Last Saturday i shared about 8 scriptures at one door and 5 at the previous with good results. Man! I feel so rusty. Thank goodness for the index in the back of the bible. Shaphan has 3 times visited a man this past week whose hit rock bottom and felt like there was no reason to live, but after talking, feels closer to Jehovh than he's ever felt.
And now....the comments about my "biggness" are rolling in! Of course, i can't blame the friends too much. They don't mean anything by it. It's just, i think they're shocked. They saw me last November when i was skinny and now i came back big and pregnant. The best was last Sunday when i wore a black dress to the meeting and an older brother came up to me and told me not to be afraid to wear color and that i didn't have to wear black just because i'm big.
Thanks....i think. :)
Miss you all SO much it hurts! i'll be in touch with more pic's so stay tuned......

2 comments:
Awwwh! Julee thanks for the updated picture. It will be no time before Ethan will be in your arms. Nice to see you are really becoming domesticated. BIRD watching...wow I'm sure it is relaxing in its own little way. Just think if you were in Wallkill thats what you would be doing...lol We miss you like crazy to. See you soon.
Oh by the way just like the tin man your rustiness in service will soon disappear. Isnt it nice to have real conversations and be able to reason with scripture. Keep up the good work. Tell Shaphan hello and Ethan of course
Post a Comment