Tuesday, October 18, 2011

since we spoke last....

My son is now two months old! I can't believe how time flies. It's such a blessing and a joy to watch him grow. I'm excited over every little change from the day before.

He's had his first smile already (to Tony and Lorenzo)! yes...i cried. And he's had his first haircut...compliments of Lorenzo as well. He had a bit of a mullett going on (business in front - party in the back). Had to trim it up back there.

We've been doing Tummy Time every day to help strengthen his neck and back muscles and just the past couple of days he's finally started to push himself up on his arms and hold his head up as well. I felt such pride when i saw him do it today. It was the best he's done. Incidentally, for some reason tummy time is a great way to relieve constipation. Too bad we couldn't employ that in the infirmary.

I've also discovered that my child loves the Lion King music. I dug out my old CD collection from when i was like 11....and i found the soundtrack to the Lion King. So i put it on and danced around the living room while holding Ethan. I thought he would just smile and think it was fun....but instead IT PUT HIM TO SLEEP. I was shocked. All that bouncing around! So one day while he was being fussy....i put it on again and did the same thing. OUT - like a light by song number 4. So i've found Ethan's kryptonite.....who would've guessed it would be to me jumping around my living room singing Hakunah Mattata! But, when i think about it, he was an INSANITY baby! It's deep in his roots!

This last month has been busy with many visitors. My friends from Bethel coming out to visit was so uplifting for me and Shaphan. (Family photo below). It was really confirmation to us that even after so much has changed in our life - our friends will always be there for us. (love you guys!)











And we also received a visit from Polly and Jamin who were up in Northern Minnesota doing Russian census. It was good to see them and trade old Infirmary stories. They are both exactly how i remember them to be....and i wouldn't have it any other way. :)









Shaphan and I also took Ethan on his first autumn hike to see the fall colors. We went 30 miles north of Duluth and hiked up to Wolfs Ridge where you can see all the way to the lake. As you can see, Ethan was tired and slept most of the time. :) But he was oh-so-cute in the little Baby Bjorn carrier!

















All in all we've been doing great! For my next post i'm planning out a video to upload....so be sure to check back! Miss everyone!

4 comments:

Jenelle said...

Julee we miss you so much!!! Sorry I have not done more then text. its been busy as I see you have been busy too. We go on a cruise next week. Can't wait for the R&R The pictures are great please send hard copies when you can or digital doesn't matter to me. Thanks for keeping us updated. Hug Shaphan/Ehtan

Mandy said...

Look! He's holding his head up. wow. Love ya girl,

Oh and don't be trying to fool us. Lion King came out when we were teens. But hey, they're good songs. No shame in buying them ;) So funny that the crazy songs put him to sleep. haha

J u l i e t t a said...

How did you know I didn't want to admit I bought that CD when I was practically an adult? You outed me! Julee

tabs said...

That's right!
Ethan is a true "Insanity Baby"
I miss those days (sigh).
I bet if you put on "Pure Cardio" the mere sound of Shaun T's voice would wake him up...
or just plain scare him!
xoxo