Saturday, June 23, 2012

Duluth Flood

So you all have probably heard something about Duluth flooding.  I thought I'd post some photos from around the city to show you the damage.  It was pretty extensive.  Fortunately, our house/neighborhood was not damaged.  Our basement stayed dry.  However, others were not so fortunate.  Several homes are damaged and I know of one sister whose foot was cut to the tendon because her door flung open from surging water.  On a better note, the Kingdom Hall is fine.  Minor water damage in the basement, but easily fixed.

The flooding was sporadic around the city, some parts seeing great damage and other parts seeing none.  One of the biggest problems were sink holes popping up around town, the ground underneath just not being strong enough to handle the water.

I've never seen rain and flooding like this in this area my whole life.  For more photos of Duluth click on Photographs in the Right hand side bar.

0 comments: