Thursday, June 10, 2010

G & T with a Splash of Rain

Went to see Norah Jones last night...and i was thinking 'who do i think i am going to a concert midweek as if i'm 20 years old again? I'm a full-time working girl and cannot afford to short myself on sleep. Basically, the concert started when i'd normally be hugging my pillow drifting off into recovery. And might I add it was raining, yeah....

i felt real New York City cool sitting there in my 10 gallon black trash bag with my head popping out. i was going to try and avoid putting it on, but after we got out of the subway and I spent 5 minutes getting rained on I was like 'forget it.' I knew shaphan was thinking i was way uncool. and he would be right. but i brought an extra garbage bag because i knew he would shortly be wishing to join me. and i was right.

norah was way worth it. her new album is different sounding than her originial. the original is mellow and soft. this one is like a cross between blues and jazz and a little more upbeat.

the rain was a bummer, but after a gin and tonic I didn't care so much.

1 comments:

violette said...

It's nice to do those things once in a while to remind ourselves we can. ;-)

But sleep is nice, I must say...and closet organization is lovely as well.