Today might be the proudest day I've experienced as a mother - with exception to the day I pushed Ethan out. I was very proud that day as well. My little guy was a trooper and made it through, what i'm sure to him, was an ordeal.
Today Ethan took 4 steps all on his own - unassisted. We were in the living room and he wanted to go from my arms to the coffee table. He looked at it - just a short distance away. With wobbly legs and arms in the air to balance he took one, two, three and four steps! and made it to his destination! I almost couldn't believe what just happened! I had to ask Shaphan if I just saw what i saw. I couldn't help but get teary. I love watching my little guy grow.
This all comes on the heels of Ethan's first major illness. Ethan got a couple blisters on his legs last Friday and by Sunday they had spread to his hands and feet. He woke Sunday morning drooling, crying non-stop with a near 104 degree fever. I gave him some Tylenol which brought the fever down and then we were on our way to the hospital. He was diagnosed with a self-limiting virus called Hand Foot & Mouth disease. It causes blisters on the above and is really painful. The only treatment is symptomatic so off to Target we went for his Lidocaine swish and swallow so he could eat. The last few days have been really difficult trying to control fever and pain and seeing him so dosile. So unlike him. Thankfully today, the fever is gone and he is back to his happy and energetic, playful self. It will take several days for the rash and blisters to go away so we'll probably spend a little more time at home but that should be it.
Unfortunately, Shaphan came home from work yesturday with a 102 degree fever and body aches. I also have developed body aches today. The virus is contagious mainly between children. Adults don't really get it - but I think we are definitely having some sort of immune response. Hope the blisters don't come!
Well, I'll try to get some video of Ethan when he takes a few more steps. (He didn't want to try anymore tonite:) I have a couple more videos I plan to upload as well. Ethan at the beach discovering sand for the first time and him trying to eat the wind. You just gotta see it. Miss everyone!
1 comments:
Awesome for the first few steps. I am so sorry you all dont feel well, you all share everything:) Thanks for the updates I really appreciate them. Miss you ALOT
Post a Comment