Sunday, August 10, 2008

Costa Rica














Costa Rica. It was the most tropical country I think I've ever been to. Even more tropical than Ecuador. The forests are thick and lush green with monkeys jumping overhead, crabs scurrying at your feet and sloths just hanging there still in the trees. During our visit in April we mainly stayed on the Carribean side of the country where due to the immigration from Jamaica, there is a strong Rostafarian influence. We rode into Puerto Viejo on a bus and immediately felt the calm of the people there. They've coined the phrase "Pura Vida" meaning the "pure life, " and often use it as a greeting because thats how they really feel about life on the ocean. There are no worries, no stresses and the pace certainly is not fast. The people just really enjoy being outside everyday just relaxing. I don't know if I could live everyday like that, but we certainly enjoyed -- and needed it -- while we were there. And to add to the delight of our vacation was our friends who joined us, Richie & Brandy and Luis and Jael. And of course, lest we not forget Sam!

For more pics from Costa Rica click on my Photo Album in the side bar!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

costa was amazing! love you julee. shaphan

Anonymous said...

Costa Rica sounds like a nice vacaction. Thanks for the pics. Love you, Britta

Anonymous said...

And yes, Jules, the shirt, I'm sure is still good. As long as you were able to get to B.O. smell out of the armpits. I'm just glad you didn't choose to wear it to the Costa Rican Bethel! Love ya, Britt