Thursday, February 19, 2009

woman of the house - or not

greetings from Illinois! shaphan and I have been in rockford (close to Chicago) for the past week to see our family and tend to his mom who had surgery this past Monday. thankfully, everything went fine and Kim is soon to come home.

i have been the den mother back at the house while she's been in the hospital - and i've realized i need help. i thought i was domestic, but after living in a space of 300 sq. ft. and having my meals cooked for me, a big house and 4 men scare me. thankfully, sheldon flew home yesturday so now we're down to 3 men; grandpa, shaphan and my father-in-law, Mark.

i'm still scared. i'm all alone in the house with three hungry guys. oh god.

i feel like i'm failing them. my pancakes turned out flat and i burned grandpa's eggs. then today i realized i forgot to water the plants.

i'm feeling like i should wash the sheets from the guest bed. that will be my project for today.

then tomorrow, kim comes home from the hospital and i'm going to make some soup for her. i'm hoping it turns out because i don't want to be the one that sends her back to the hospital.

the weather here is COLD and snowy. shaphan and i went shopping last night and on the way home we got stuck behind a semi that jack-knifed. it's suppose to snow another 3-5" tonight. actually, i'm loving the snow. we have none in NYC so it never really feels like winter there, and i miss it. so i'm enjoying the cold and snow as much as i can while i'm here.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

we all have those scary domestic moments. 4 hungry men would intimidate me too! :) online recipes. i love em!

Anonymous said...

Julee -(George)I gotta tell ya, I was a bit jeolous of your "perfect life" (my thoughts) ya know, surrounded by spirituality, no cooking, cleaning, yada yada yada....but the down side of your domestication makes me smile! LOL I guess I'm one up on ya there, it's what I do(except change it to Eric and 3 kids) haha. Actually, I'm really happy for you, and I use sarcasm to make me feel better. LOL (you better be laughing too!) I just miss you a lot! I'm glad the surgery went well. Keep in touch
Love ya -Nikki -(Fred)
ps-we got snow, wanna trade?