Saturday, July 30, 2011

9 Months! D-day fast approaching.

So i felt unfairly represented on the IPad the other week when Mike "called" me. I saw myself on Facetime and I really do believe the IPad added 10 pounds. :) I felt compelled to post a photo that more accurately depicts my size. Hahahhaah! (There's a possibility I might be fooling myself, but humor me please).

Here I am at 36 weeks! I am a full 9 months pregnant! Oh my word....the reality of Ethan will soon be tangible and not something in my mind (or belly for that matter). Shaphan and I are beyond excited and ready for this change in our lives. Who knows....the next photo you might see on my website could be photos of Ethan!

So I've been showing Shaphan how to change a regular disposable diaper as well as use of the cloth diapers I ordered from China.
Since i no longer have Claudia to demonstrate on, I'm using the next closest thing and that is 'Billy' the sock dog she gave me for my baby shower at Bethl. Billy did not realize what he was going to go through when given as a gift to me. He thought he would be softly cradled and given kisses every night before bed by a small child.

Alas, his destiny would not be so innocent. Due to his comparable size to an infant he would be the perfect demo dog for changing diapers and burping a baby....and would be in his mind - violated.

These last couple of weeks, Billy has often wished he could be back in the safety and security of Claudia's closet.

Don't worry Billy. Better days are ahead. The only thing left i have to teach Shaphan is how to take an infants temperature.... and then it's all over.

So i uploaded a few pictures of my kitchen for all to see. I'll get to the rest of the house when it's together. The color on the wall i painted an eggplant which really makes the oak cabinets pop out. Loving it.


I still have to hang some photos/art on the wall to warm it up a bit but for the most part we're settled.

It's been blazing hot here in Duluth - very unusual for northern Minnesota. I can't wait for fall when the leaves change and it cools off. Call me crazy.

Well, i'll be in touch with another entry next week to let you know of any changes or progress - so stay tuned! Miss you!


3 comments:

Mandy said...

Look at you! You look great. I want to know the second you are in the hospital girl.
And the kitchen looks good too. A little paint definitely spices up the place :)

Jenelle said...

Awwwwh you r so beautiful sorry Iam late typing this. Please text one of us when that water breaks....lol

J u l i e t t a said...

Thanks girls! I will be sure to let you know when it starts going down. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. If it wasn't too weird I'd Facetime it all so you could see:) ha! Only problem is the Ipad is Mike's - so we'd have to make him leave the room! ahhaha!