Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dachau, Germany (Concentration Camp)

We visited Dachau this week. Dachau was the first concentration camp made in 1933 and was the pattern for all the others. It was suppose to be a "work camp" but in reality it became a place of death.

I thought i knew what to expect because i'd been to the Holocaust museum, but visiting Dachau wasn't just a museum - it was real life. It was rather numbing to walk through. But it's one of those things in life that you have to do, rather than sheild yourself. I'm glad that i went to see for myself. And, i was rather encouraged by the displays on the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses. I've posted some photos of the camp and what I saw. If you'd like to see them click on "Photo Album" in the side bar.

1 comments:

violette said...

Glad you got to take your Germany trip. Sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing with us. ;-)